Friday, June 22, 2012

Happy Birthday Zach

To my Grandson




Zachary, you would have turned one today. How much anticipation goes into a birthday. Perhaps you would have started to walk and say a few words. If things had been different.

But now you are in heaven. You are happy. You are loved and cared for.

I am changed. I am changed by your 11 precious hours of life. I am changed by the fact that you were. I will always be sitting next to a pool of tears.

We are releasing 22 balloons into the air at 5pm.   22 for the date.   These balloons are for you, to celebrate your life…..to remember……..how God was so close…..how your Mom and Dad were carried by the Grace of Christ and the love of friends. Because I believe, I know I will one day see you. Meanwhile, Happy Birthday. Say Hi to Jesus for me.

No comments: